Mummy Mayhem Blackberry Jam
If you hadn’t already guessed, I’ve been busy attempting to cook up a storm in the kitchen (which isn’t my strong point, might I add)! After going on a lovely family nature walk recently and coming home ladled with wild blackberries I decided it was about time I learned how to make homemade jam! So I picked up my cooking spoons and saucepans and headed off to the kitchen…
Can you guess what the kids have been having for breakfast EVERYDAY? 😉
Yep! Blackberry jam on toast and they’re LOVING it! So I decided to share the love and publish our very own Wild Blackberry Jam recipe:
Wild Blackberry Jam Recipe
- Take a fun stroll in the wild and pick yourself a big tub of deliciously juicy blackberries!
- Thoroughly clean and wash the blackberries once you’re home.
- Tip all of the blackberries into a saucepan and turn on the heat.
- Pour in half a cup of granulated sugar.
- Stir the sugar in so it can begin to dissolve.
- Leave to simmer down.
- Add the juice of half a large lemon.
- Continue to stir the mixture.
- Leave to simmer down further and begin to crush and press down on the blackberries to break them down.
- Continue to stir.
- Once the jam is beginning to thicken up turn the heat off and begin to spoon it into your jam jar and leave to cool!
- Once the jar is sealed it will keep in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
I hope you enjoy picking your blackberries in the wild and making this delicious homemade Blackberry Jam as much as we did!
Let us know how yours turns out and how you like to eat yours! We always LOVE to hear from you and discover new fun recipes to try out 🙂