Love Fresh Cherries Challenge!
We were absolutely over the moon to be 1 of the chosen bloggers to take part in the BritMums #LoveFreshCherries challenge this year and couldn’t wait to get stuck in with our own Love Fresh Cherries!
We sat around brainstorming all the ways we could incorporate cherries into our days out, recipes and activities to make the most of them…
We all decided in the end, that the best way to enjoy these juicy Cherry beauties, was simply to sit at home, in our garden and savour their taste!
The experience was made even better, as BritMums had kindly supplied an amazing Cherry pitter, so we didn’t even have to worry about biting around the stones or spitting them out… which, lets face it, could have caused havoc with a 5 and almost 2 year old!
Here’s how Honey described the fresh cherries, “Mmmm, sooooo delicious! I love how juicy and sweet they are!”
After we had all sat around on the grass enjoying our fill of cherries, we had a few left so I decided to whip up a batch of Cherry Jam! Here’s my recipe:
Mummy Mayhem Cherry Jam:
- Use a cherry pitter to remove all the stones from the ripe cherries.
- Put all the cherries into a big saucepan with 3 table spoons of sugar.
- Toss everything together in the pan so the sugar is distributed evenly and can begin to dissolve.
- Add 2 table spoons of lemon juice and turn on the heat.
- Leave the mixture to simmer until the cherries begin to break down.
- Continue to mix the cherries.
- Once the fruits have broken down and the mixture is bubbling away, leave it on simmer until the liquid has reduced and the mixture has thickened up.
- Depending on your desired consistency you could now either pour your Cherry jam into a jr and leave to cool, or give it a little whirl in a blender to create a smoother consistency and then jar it.
- Put a lid on the jam jar immediately and leave to cool.
- The jam will keep in a cool, dry place, in a sealed container for 6 months.
Enjoy! Let us here at Mummy Mayhem know how you like to enjoy your cherries! We always love hearing from you 🙂
This post is an entry for the BritMums #LoveFreshCherries Challenge, sponsored by Love Fresh Cherries (Instagram: @LoveFreshCherries)